- Stefan Siersdorfer, Sergiu Chelaru, Jose San Pedro, Ismail Sengor Altingovde, and Wolfgang Nejdl. 2014. Analyzing and Mining Comments and Comment Ratings on the Social Web. ACM Transactions on the Web 8, 3, 39 pages.
- Jose San Pedro, Stefan Siersdorfer, and Mark Sanderson. 2011. Content redundancy in YouTube and its application to video tagging. ACM Trans. Inf. Syst. 29, 3, Article 13 (July 2011), 31 pages.
- Jose San Pedro , Sergio Dominguez, and Nicolas Denis. Entropy-based fade modeling and detection. Journal of Information Science and Engineering. Vol 23. N 4. July 2007. (pdf)
- Jose San Pedro , Sergio Dominguez, and Nicolas Denis. On the use of entropy series for fade detection. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. 4177: 360-369. 2006.
- Jose San Pedro , Sergio Dominguez, and Nicolas Denis. Video retrieval using an EDL-based timeline. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 3522: 401-408. June 2005.
- Jose San Pedro, Sergio Dominguez, and Nicolas Denis. On the automatic creation of customized video content. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2311: 318–326. April 2004.
Refereed Conferences & Workshops
- Jose San Pedro, Davide Proserpio, Nuria Oliver MobiScore: Towards Universal Credit Scoring from Mobile Phone Data. At UMAP 2015. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 9146, 2015, pp 195-207. July 2015. Dublin, Ireland.
- Jose San Pedro, Alexandros Karatzoglou. Question recommendation for collaborative question answering systems with RanksLDA. In Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Recommender systems, RecSys'14. October 2014. Foster City, CA. 193-200.
- Jose San Pedro, Karen Church. 2013. The sound of light: induced synesthesia for augmenting the photography experience. In Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI EA '13. April 2013. Paris, France. 745-750.
- Jose San Pedro, Poonam Suryanarayan. 2012. Your opinion counts!: leveraging social comments for analyzing aesthetic perception of photographs.. In Proceedings of the 2012 ACM annual conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI '12. May 2012. Austin, TX, USA, 2519-2522.
- Jose San Pedro, Tom Yeh, Nuria Oliver. 2012. Leveraging user comments for aesthetic aware image search reranking. In Proceedings of the 21st international conference on World wide web, WWW '12. April 2012. Lyon, France. 439-448. (pdf)
- Tom Yeh, Brandyn White, Jose San Pedro, Boriz Katz, and Larry S. Davis. 2011. A case for query by image and text content: searching computer help using screenshots and keywords. In Proceedings of the 20th international conference on World wide web, WWW '11. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 775-784. (pdf)
- Stefan Siersdorfer, Sergiu Chelaru, Wolfgang Nejdl, and Jose San Pedro. How useful are your comments?: analyzing and predicting youtube comments and comment ratings. In Proceedings of the 19th international conference on World wide web (WWW '10). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 891-900. (pdf)
- Stefan Siersdorfer, Jose San Pedro. Automatic Video Tagging Using Content Redundancy. In Proceedings of the 32nd International ACM SIGIR Conference, SIGIR '09. Boston, MA, USA. July, 2009. (pdf)
- Jose San Pedro, Stefan Siersdorfer. Ranking and Classifying Attractiveness of Photos in Folksonomies. In Proceedings of the 18th ACM International World Wide Web Conference, WWW ’09. Madrid, Spain. April 2009. (pdf)
- Jose San Pedro, Vaiva Kalnikaite, Steve Whittaker. You Can Play That Again: Exploring Social Redundancy to Derive Highlight Regions in Videos. In Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on intelligent User interfaces, IUI ’09. Sanibel Island, Florida, USA. February 2009.
- Jose San Pedro. FOBS: An Open Source Object-Oriented Library for Accessing Multimedia Content. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM international Conference on Multimedia, MM ’08. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. October 2008.
- Vaiva Kalnikaite and Jose San Pedro. VidiWeb: Utilizing Mobile Video and Social Summarization to Augment Human Memory. Workshop on Mobile Multimedia - Content Creation and Use. ACM International Conference on Mobile HCI '08. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. September 2008. (pdf)
- Jose San Pedro. The Role of Arts in Multimedia Scientific Research. Marie Curie Euro Science Open Forum Conference, ESOF '08. Barcelona, Spain. July 2008. (pdf)
- Paul Clough, Rob Pasley, Stefan Siersdorfer, Jose San Pedro and Mark Sanderson. Visualising the South Yorkshire Floods of ‘07. Workshop on Geographic Information Retrieval, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, CIKM '07. Lisbon, Portugal. November 2007.
- Jose San Pedro, and Sergio Dominguez. Network-Aware Identification of Video Clips Fragments. ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval, CVIR '07. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. July 2007.
- Jose San Pedro, and Sergio Dominguez. Synchronized digital video subsampling to achieve temporal resolution independence. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, ISIE '07. Vigo, Spain. June 2007.
- Luis Angel Silva, J. M. Sebastian, R. Saltaren, R. Aracil and Jose San Pedro. RoboTenis: Optimal Design of a Paral lel Robot with High Performance. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS '05. Edmonton, Canada. August 2005.
- O. Steiger, M. Schneider Fontan, D. Marimon Sanjuan, Y. Abdeljaoued, T. Ebrahimi, S. Dominguez, J. San Pedro Wandelmer, N. Denis, F. Granelli, and F. De Natale. Personalized content preparation and delivery for universal multimedia access. TR-ITS 2005.010, 1015 Ecublens, April 2005.
- Jose San Pedro Wandelmer. Video Identification using visual hash and MPEG-21. TR UPM-ITS. November 2003.